Antarctic Krill Oil v2 (KO60) gel caps
Product Code: KO60
Reward Points: 8
Availability: In Stock
60 capsules (500mg): A source of Omega 3 and astaxanthin
Antarctic Krill Oil (Euphausia superba) is a natural source of high concentration omega 3 oil, the powerful antioxidant astaxanthin, as well as high levels of phospholipids - a fundamental component of human cell membranes. It contains two types of Omega 3 fatty acid: eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA).
Krill oil is used for the same reasons as cod liver oil, flax oil and other omega 3 fatty acids, but is often favoured because it does not cause fishy burps or an after-taste - a common side effect of fish oil.
The fact that it contains astaxanthin is also unique. The ultimate antioxidant - researchers have found that it may be more powerful than vitamin E, beta-carotene and lutein. It can also enhance the action of other antioxidants, such as vitamin E and C.
Our krill oil is a high-strength formula (500mg), provided in an easy-to-swallow marine gel capsule form. It is sourced exclusively from sustainable fisheries in the Antarctic, through our partners Aker BioMarine™ who work with World Wildlife Foundation Norway to ensure sustainable krill harvesting.
# Approved EFSA health claims:
- EPA and DHA contribute to the normal function of the heart (with a daily intake of 250mg) - click here and here for EFSA scientific opinion.
- DHA and EPA contribute to the maintenance of normal blood pressure (with a daily intake of 3g of EPA and DHA)* - click here and here for EFSA scientific opinions.
- DHA contributes to the maintenance of normal blood triglyceride levels (with a daily intake of 2g of DHA and when taken in combination with EPA)* - click here for EFSA scientific opinion.
- DHA contributes to maintenance of normal brain function (with a daily intake of 250mg of DHA) - click here and here for EFSA scientific opinion.
- DHA contributes to maintenance of normal vision (with a daily intake of 250mg of DHA) - click here and here for EFSA scientific opinion.
*Users should not exceed a supplemental daily intake of 5g of EPA and DHA combined.
For more detailed product information, click on the 'Fact Sheets, Pot Image, Label, Price' tab above and download the product fact sheet.
No minimum orders apply to this product.
Own label option and dropshipping service
Antarctic Krill Oil is available for re-sale under your own label (or our label) and can be dropshipped by us.
60 capsules per pot
Per 715mg capsule:
Krill oil (Superba) - 500mg
Total Phospholipids (of which Phosphatidyl Choline 150mg, of which Choline 25mg) - 200mg
Omega 3 (of which EPA 60mg, DHA 27.5mg) - 110mg
Astaxanthin - 50mcg
Ingredients: Krill Oil (Euphausia Superba) Extract (Crustacean), Capsule Shell (Bovine Gelatin), glycerol, water.
ALLERGY ADVICE: for allergens, see ingredients in bold. Not suitable for persons with an allergy to fish or shellfish. People with coagulopathy or taking blood thinning medication should consult their doctor before use. Not intended for use by pregnant or lactating mothers.
Not suitable for vegetarians and vegans.
Note: This krill oil is supplied by Aker BioMarine™.
1 - 2 capsules to be taken per day, or as advised by a health practitioner.
Warnings and allergy advice:
Not suitable for persons with an allergy to fish or shellfish.
People with coagulopathy or taking blood thinning medication should consult their doctor before use.
Not intended for use by pregnant or lactating mothers.
Product information and resources
To view the product fact sheet, click here.
To view the product specification sheet, click here.
To view the product label, click here.
To view and download the pot image, click here.
To view and download the FREE product poster, click here.
To view and download blank pot images, click here.
To view and download our barcode for this product, click here.
Product information spreadsheet
For all trade product data in a single file, simply download our all-in-one Product information spreadsheet.
This comprehensive file contains:
- All the product information (e.g. ingredients, code, pot type and dimensions, label size, as well as information that can be be used to populate your website).
- Our products and services prices and discount rates (also displays RRPs and profit margins).
- Our bulk order and dropship shipping rates.
For the trade price list as a pdf, click here.
Pot details and dimensions
Label type: Label 2 (see Own Label FAQs).